Additional Victims of Danbury Sex Ring Come Forward

Newstimes
Dirk Perrefort
April 20, 2017

DANBURY—Two additional men who say they were victimized by a sex trafficking ring that preyed people with disabilities are looking to join a lawsuit against the purported customers of the ring.

A court motion filed was filed this morning looking to add two plaintiffs to a lawsuit filed recently against Glastonbury businessman Bruce Bemer and Wesport resident William Trefzger, who were arrested on charges of patronizing a trafficked person for their involvement in the ring.

The lawsuit filed earlier this month is seeking to freeze at least $10 million in assets from the two defendants, who admitted to police that they purchased young men for sex from the ring, which operated for more than 20 years out of the city, court documents state.

"These sick individuals engaged in a continuous course of depraved and corrupt business activity for many years," said Attorney Joel T. Faxon, who filed the motion on behalf of his clients. "These young men were preyed upon and intimidated by low-life criminals solely because they were known to be mentally ill and emotionally distressed. As more people come forward it is now clear that children were also ensnared in this filthy criminal enterprise."

In addition to the four men who have filed suit, many more victims of this sexual racketeering scheme remain.

"These individuals deserve a better life and soulless sexual predators like Bemer and Trefzger need to learn there are great financial consequences to inflicting emotional and bodily harm for their own sick personal needs," said Faxon. "Not only are they facing serious felony criminal charges, but I will make sure they are put out of business permanently."

Bemer has been released on a $500,000 surety bond while Trefzger remains in custody on a $250,00 cash bond.